Thursday, February 10, 2011

Vegetarian Lasagna


 This is the perfect recipe to use up those last few veges at the end of the week, this is normally a Thursday or Friday night meal at our house. You can use any veges you have on hand, you really just want to use up what you have left.

I made this one during the day today so that it was ready to pop in the oven when we got home from the dry shop. I use gluten free pasta sheets so it takes about 45mins to 1 hour in an oven at 200 degrees.

We had some broccoli, zucchini, spinach (wilted with 2 cloves of garlic), capsicum and pumpkin left today, so I used up that with some ricotta along with some pizza plus and Parmesan cheese. To keep it moist I used about half a jar of Passata. I have in the past also substituted the ricotta for goats cheese.

Cut up all the veges you are going to use, the amount will depend on the size lasagna you are going to make. I choose to microwave them as its convenient but you could also cook them on the stove until tender.

Layer these into the dish making sure you put passata on each side of the lasagna sheeting as this is what will help it cook. I finish mine off with the ricotta and other cheese.

Pop in the oven and cook for 45mins to 1 hour or until the pasta is tender when you poke a knife through it.


I really should have taken a photo of it once it had cooked, but it smelt so yummy we all just dug in!!! (with a side of garlic bread of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment