Thursday, February 10, 2011

Quick and Easy Pumpkin and Spinach Pizza

After weeks of a blog drought two in one night!! This is something I whipped up today after making the lasagna. These pizzas are made on pocket bread and take 10mins in an oven heating to about 200 degrees. They can be topped with absolutely anything, my sister likes to keep in simple ham, cheese and pineapple. 

However today I made a pizza with 2 of my favorite vegetables; Spinach and Pumpkin. I topped the pocket bread (which came from the freezer, lucky find) with some left over passata from the lasagna. Next I wilted some spinach again with some garlic and spread it across the pocket bread. 

Next I pre cooked pumpkin which i diced about 1cm cubbed in the microwave, and then fried it off in the pan with a little olive oil along with some red onion.  

 I popped this on the pizza with some ricotta and Parmesan, and it was that simple!!!

After being in the oven for about 10mins I luckily remembered to take a quick photo before sitting down to a very yummy lunch. You could really top these with anything you liked and are great for families as they allow each person to create there own gourmet pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment