Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Long time between posts: Back to NYE

A lot has been going on since my last post. The family have all been on holidays so a lot of family time, study for my exam next week and of course baking. 


With the looming exam for uni the last time I did some major baking was for our Indian themed NYE party. We had biryani, beef curry, butter chicken, Dahl and rice along with naan and chapati. We got our supplies from an amazing Indian wholesale grocer Global Convenience Store. A short drive from home this store has everything we needed, frozen naan and chapati, rice,desserts, curry pastes, pickles and chutneys, Bollywood movies and more. This amazing store is located at 2942 Logan Rd, Underwood, Brisbane, Qld. This store should not be missed by anyone who loves Indian food!


It was an amazing feast that was topped off at the end of the night with a selection of three different cupcakes; Choc Caramel, Coconut Ice and Banana. As well as a chocolate layered cake for a friend's wedding anniversary.


With the rush of the day I forgot to take photos of the cakes being made. All the recipes came from my much loved Women's Weekly Cupcake cookbook, they were easy to make and absolutely delicious. I made NYE flags for each cupcake with the type of cupcake on one side and NYE on the other. For now I will leave it at this and pop up a photo or two. Hopefully after my exam I will be back to baking more often.




No comments:

Post a Comment