Monday, November 29, 2010

Taking the Plunge

So why a blog? I have been an avid reader of cooking blogs for sometime now and have always admired how they share their kitchen successes and sometimes failures with the masses. I have decided with my abundance of spare time (university holidays) I will start one of my own. Sharing my food journey including things I love to cook regularly, things I will give a go, experiences from the West End Markets where I love to visit with mum every Saturday morning rain, hail or shine (though we haven’t had to compete with hail yet!) and my favourite restaurants.  
I starting cooking as a child and have taken this love with me throughout my short life with home economics in high school, cooking lessons whilst overseas and now; filling my much loved university holidays with the smell of freshly baked goods.

I spent the weekend just gone creating delicious Sweet Potato and Zucchini fritters (recipe thanks to a fellow food lover who I occasionally work with as a temp) served with Homemade Tomato Relish, rocket and parmesan. I however, did not think to take photos while I was elbow deep in a mixture of grated vegetables and egg, nor while I was chopping up what seemed like hundreds of cherry tomatoes. Not to worry though, these were such a hit with my mum (and me) that I have no doubt I will be making another batch with week. I will also have to work on remembering to take photos, or enlist the help of my younger sister who is fantastic with a camera.

Well that’s all for now I will be back later this week as I have been admiring a simple recipe for short bread to get myself in the Christmas mood... and I will have another batch of fritters and relish to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment